Redesign the existing rating mechanism to allow the users to leave the meaningful review about their running route, which helps other runners find a great, safe, pleasant running route.
For this challenge, I redesigned the existing rating page in the RunBuddy app.
The user research finding was very helpful to understand the runner's expectation about the running route.
The current 5-star rating system is not so helpful to find meaningful information about the running route, as it isn't specific enough to the runners.
- Try to collect a few more meaningful inputs from the user, which will be useful to the other runners
- The design should give a feel to the user that they are helping other runners with their input. The user should encourage to fill the additional fields (ex: elevation, safety and etc.,).
- Ensure to ask minimum and important details from the user. Having too many fields might demotivate the users and lead them to skip the survey.
- Provide a way to express more user comments (optional text field)
- New tabbed elevation field included, which allow the user to make their choice easily about the terrain
- Designed other three fields (Safety, Crowd, and Scenic) as a 5-star rating component, the higher rating on these fields will denote the running route as a preferable/friendly route.
- The user will get a feel of helping other runners by filling up these fields, as these fields connect runners empathy
- Provided free text input field to enter more details. If the user wants they can add more details about the route such as how was the traffic, is there any coffee shop nearby, the best time for running and etc., this is an optional field.